Thursday, January 14, 2010

First Weigh-In of 2010

On Saturday, Jan. 9, was the first WOW meeting for the year. I'm excited to start fresh again. A clean slate. A new day. In my mind, I'm learing that weight loss is not about food. Believe me, I still love food. For me, it's about learning control, training new healthier thoughts into my brain and how to lead a sustainable, healthy lifestyle.

Here is a little run down on what happened at the meeting:

This WOW session will be for 20 weeks. Remember that the aim is a very reasonable 2 lb. loss per week, the hope is to be able to lose 40 pounds (2 dress sizes). If you need to lose less than 40 pounds then you definitely should reach your goal! Some may lose more. Overall, may each of us help everyone reach their healthiest best!

We brought and if you couldn't then you can bring next meeting:

1. A hopeful self to get your before picture taken. (As I took these pictures, I felt inspired to remind you that each of you are beautiful right now. We already are beautiful...like Melanie talked about. Here again, I'm reminded that weight loss isn't about beauty either.)

2. A measuring tape (one provided if you don't have one) to take your measurements. (In truth, this wasn't easy and very telling but I feel it will be important for myself in comparison later on.)

3. A nice outfit you would like to fit into that is two dress sizes smaller. (I'm still looking for the outfit that I want to buy back so it is not too late to get into this game.)
Melanie will be keeping the outfit at her house, but you will have the opportunity as you get healthier to earn WOW bucks, to buy it back! Then on the evening of May 29, a dinner/dance will be held to celebrate our 40 lb losses in our "new" earned outfits!

Remember:

Rule #1: What happens in WOW stays in WOW! (All of your personal info., i.e., weight, measurements and photos are for your records only etc..)

Rule #2: No excuses.

I was also very inspired by the challenge this week which is to strengthen our posture and think UP! I'm still working on this. So, it reminds me of a little Dr. Seuss:

Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Well I'm following a similar eating plan at home but it's not a 2lb/week loss for me. But still, I've lost about 10 lbs since Thanksgiving and that's not bad considering two holidays and a vacation!

Julie said...

That's not bad at all since I only lost 9lbs. during that time. Great job!

Erin said...

Great post, Julie. I love what you had to say. Amanda, that is great! I think you sent the 10 lbs, my way. ;)